Since weddings are in full swing this time of year, I thought it would be fun to whip up a lovely wedding aisle decor idea for you! One of my dear friends got married this past weekend, and it was a wonderful celebration. She loves rustic items and the color purple in general, so I thought this was the perfect way to go!
I hope you enjoy, and that you try these out! It took less than 40 minutes to put 16 of these together, so it makes a lot of impact for less effort than you think!
I’ve provided 2 methods below, and made videos to make it easier for the visual learners (like me!). Click any of the pictures in this post to watch the video! I hope you find it helpful. 🙂
What you’ll need:
- Mason jars (your choice in color!)
- Jute cord
- Hot glue gun + glue gun sticks
- Glass marbles
- LED votive candles
01. Dab a little bit of hot glue onto the mason jar, about .75 cm underneath the rim of the lid. Wrap one end of the jute cord around the jar once. Leave enough space (about being able to slip a finger through the cord) for the next step!
02. (Optional: if you want to hang the jar up) Fold a 6″ piece of jute cord in half and tie a knot at the ends. Slip the folded end up through the hole you created in step 1. Once that’s snug, tie a tight knot!
03. Add additional hot glue and continue wrapping the cord. Move from the top and layer it down. I wrapped it around 5 times for the length of jute that I wanted. Secure the end of the cord with hot glue and a knot!
04. Measure lace to fit around the mason jar, cut it and attach it with a spot of hot glue!
05. Add the glass marbles 1/3 of the way up (not too high or else the votive candle won’t show from a distance). Top it off with the LED candle and enjoy the gorgeous visuals!
Aaaand that’s it! Don’t you love how easy this is? I would totally make this with different colored mason jars, with different fabrics, playing with different cords…. There are so many possibilities for this craft! Let me know what kind of occasion you would make these for!
P.S. Make sure to drop off your e-mail to keep up with more projects in the pipeline! xoxo
Oh, are you still here? 🙂
Duly Noted, ink. exists to share creative inspiration and discoveries – an outlet for the DIY lady in me while I work on creating handwritten & designed goodies for you! To help cover costs of operating this site and giving you the convenience of easily finding the products I honestly support, Duly Noted, ink. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com!